Afternoon Safari provides a safe and nurturing environment and offers a variety of opportunities for children to grow physically, socially and academically. The daily schedule includes an afternoon snack, supervised homework time, activity time and social recreation. Children are grouped by grades. Activities include arts & crafts, reading, character building exercises, guest speakers and organized games.
Safari Afterschool Goals:
- To provide a flexible, developmentally-appropriate play and success-oriented program which complements the home and school by encouraging physical, social, emotional, and intellectual growth as well as positive feelings of self-worth in a group setting.
- To provide a warm, secure environment designed to encourage decision-making, problem-solving, individual expression, and freedom within limits, where children respect and enjoy each other in a group setting.
- To provide a competent, caring and professional staff who understand and meet the needs of the children in our program.
- To provide frequent and open communication with parents to provide support and encourage involvement.
Afternoon Safari is offered at Seven Oaks Park, Crooked Creek Park, Oak Pointe Elementary School, Seven Oaks Elementary and Ballentine Elementary School.
Transportation is provided to Afternoon Safari participants from Chapin Elementary, Chapin Intermediate & Lake Murray Elementary to Crooked Creek Park and from Harbison West Elementary School and Leaphart Elementary School to Seven Oaks Park.
Call 345-6181 or 772-3336 for details
Afternoon Safari Fees
- Full Time Weekly Fee: $55/child per week
- Reduced Rate: $35/child per week for qualifying families
- Part Time Fee: $15/child (minimum $30 per week)
- Interim Fee: $30/child (pick up by 4:15 pm; only available at school sites)
*Afternoon Safari is offered on in-service days, early release days and holidays. An additional fee is charged for early release and full-day service for part time applicants and full day service for full time applicants. Sign up is required for in-service and holidays. Lunch is available for purchase on early release, in-service days and holidays. Cost per lunch is $6.00. Pre-registration for lunch is required.
SC Voucher Program - Afternoon Safari
The Afternoon Safari Afterschool Program held at Seven Oaks Park and Seven Oaks Elementary School is now accepting the SC Voucher (formerly ABC Voucher) for the 2018-2019 school year. The SC Voucher program is federally funded income based assistance program. To inquire about childcare eligibility, contact the SC Voucher program at 1-800-476-0199. For more information, please contact the Safari Afterschool Director at 803-345-8110 or stop by Seven Oaks Park located at 200 Leisure Lane, Columbia, SC 29210.