Barking Lot Dog Park
Barking Lot Dog Park
Saluda Shoals Park is home to the Barking Lot Dog Park, a two-acre fenced, off leash area for dogs to run and play. The Barking Lot features three small bone shaped pools for dogs to cool off in in the hot summer months, an interactive fire hydrant sprayer, an exciting agility course, and a gazebo for owners to relax in.
Annual Barking Lot Pass
The Barking Lot is open during normal park hours. Fee: $40 per year. Each pass is good for up to two dogs in the household. Additional dogs require a second pass. No wolves, wolf hybrids are allowed. A $5 Daily Parking Fees also applies or purchase an Annual Parking Pass for $55 per year.
Barking Lot applicants must provide the following documentation:
- Rabies vaccine
- Canine bordetella vaccine
- Parvo vaccine
Barking Lot Rules
- Use of the Barking Lot is for Saluda Shoals Park Barking Lot Pass holders and their registered dog(s).
- For information on becoming a Barking Lot pass holder, please contact ICRC at (803)772-1228.
- People entering the park do so at their own risk.
- Owners are responsible for their dogs at all times and could be liable for injury to others.
- Children who are at least five (5) years old and less than sixteen (16 years) are permitted in the Barking Lot as long as they are accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- No food or treats are allowed in the Barking Lot. Owners are allowed to bring balls, Frisbees, and other dog toys to share. Any toy resulting in threatening or aggressive behavior must be removed immediately from the park.
- Smoking is not permitted in the Barking Lot.
- Dogs must be leashed prior to and upon leaving the dog park area. Owner shall have a leash in their possession at all times while in the dog park area and ensure dog(s) have on a collar at all times while in the Barking Lot. All pinch, shock, prong, and spiked collars must be removed prior to entering the dog park area.
- Access to the dog park may be restricted during special events. If so, notice will be posted.
- Dog owners must do the following while inside the Barking Lot:
- Must remove their dog if their dog shows aggressive behavior.
- Shall remain inside the enclosed areas and must keep their dog(s) within sight and voice range at all times; dogs may not be left unattended.
- Must clean up after their dogs using designated bags and containers.
- May only supervise 2 dogs at a time.
- Are responsible for filling in any holes caused by digging.