Special Needs Programs
Irmo Chapin Recreation Commission's Therapeutic Recreation programs are designed to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in our community. We offer programs and activities for both children and adults with cognitive, physical and emotional disabilities. Our purpose is to create positive experiences that develop appropriate leisure and social skills that help participants become increasingly self-confident, courageous and independent. We want our participants to feel right at home and to make new friends with staff and peers.
The TR program offers a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities that include the following:
- Afterschool Programs- Seven Oaks Park
- Afterschool Programs- Crooked Creek Park
- CAST (Carolina Actors with Special Talents)
- Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre
- Bingo Blitz
- Burgers and Bowling
- Movie Critics
- A Night at the Theatre
- Outer Limits
- Pizza and Putt Putt
- TR Soccer
- TR Baseball
- Super Summer Camp
- Winter and Spring Break Camps
- The Sweet Life
- Super Saturdays Respite Program
- PALMETTO (Providing Adults Lifestyle Management Education through Therapeutic Opportunities)
Explore the ICRC Activity Guide for more information on TR programs or contact Jordan O'Keefe at (803) 213-1194 or email@example.com
Spotlight TR Program: Athletics!
- Spring Athletics season: March 6- April 26, 2018
- Registration deadline: February 27, 2018
- $32/ athlete
- Tuesday/ Thursday games and practices
Tornadoes Soccer at Seven Oaks Park
This program is for children and adults with special needs who are interested in playing soccer in a fun, relaxed atmosphere! Our teams play Tues/ Thurs on the soccer field at SOP.
- Youth: 6:00-6:45pm
- Adults: 6:45-7:30pm
Therapeutic REX at Crooked Creek Park
Come learn the skills of basketball, soccer and baseball- all in one season! Our team will rotate facilities based on the sport. All games and practices are held at CCP.
- Ages 4 & up: 6:00-7:00pm
Registration has begun! You may stop by Crooked Creek Park or Seven Oaks Park, or call our parks to register over the phone. New families, please contact Jordan O'Keefe at (803) 213-1194 or firstname.lastname@example.org.