About Saluda Shoals Park
- November-February: 7:00 A.M. - 5:30 P.M.
- March-October: 7:00 A.M. - 8:30 P.M.
- Saluda Shoals Park is closed on Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
Saluda Shoals Park is a premier, natural, environmentally sensitive riverfront park that invites visitors to experience the treasures of the Saluda River through exceptional educational, recreational and cultural opportunities. Located along the banks of the beautiful Saluda River, this 400 acre regional park offers the following amenities–
- 11,000-square-foot Environmental Education Center and Exhibit Hall
- 10,000 square-foot state-of-the-art conference facility, the River Center
- Administrative Offices for the Irmo Chapin Recreation Commission
- Paved/unpaved trails for hiking, biking and horseback riding
- River Observation Deck
- Boat Ramp/Canoe/Kayak Launch
- Picnic Shelters
- Saluda Splash - Opens for the season on Saturday April 28 at 9:00 am.
Finding Saluda Shoals Park
From Columbia- take I-26 West going towards Spartanburg. Take Exit #104, Piney Grove Rd. and turn left. Follow Piney Grove Road to St. Andrews Rd. and turn right onto St. Andrews Rd. Make an immediate left between Wendy’s and Aldi and proceed straight into the Park’s East entrance at 6071 St. Andrews Rd.
From Interstate 20- exit at Bush River Road. Turn west on Bush River and continue to the traffic light at St. Andrews Road. Turn left onto St. Andrews Road, then left between Wendy's and Aldi and proceed straight into the Park’s East entrance at 6071 St. Andrews Rd.
From Lexington- take North Lake Dr./SC-6 across the Dreher Shoals Dam toward Irmo. Turn right on Bush River Rd. Saluda Shoals Park is approximately 1.5 miles down Bush River Rd on the right.
Check out our YouTube page HERE to see what other cool animals are roaming around our park!